ผู้เขียน หัวข้อ: but I thought we did  (อ่าน 1144 ครั้ง)

yyys123

• กระทู้: 1
  • People Like This 0
but I thought we did
« เมื่อ: ธันวาคม 19, 2019, 04:20:16 PM »
Football – the ultimate team sport, no one player is more important than another. Thats likely the answer youll get if you ask a coach to single out someone whose mere presence in the lineup on any given night can affect his teams fortunes. After all, this is a sport that gave us “next man up” – a term that nicely captures the notion that everyones easily replaced. Thats well and good, but if youre the Edmonton Eskimos the reality is quite a bit different when applied to slotback Adarius Bowman. Now in his seventh CFL campaign, the 6-3, 225lbs Bowman has always tantalized with his sure hands, willingness to impose his will on smaller defensive backs, and battle for the much coveted YAC (yards after catch) yards. In Edmontons opening week win over BC, Bowman led all receivers with nine catches for 105 yards and one touchdown and served notice that Mike Reillys favorite target may not always be Fred Stamps. Bowman was so dominant that Stamps, a four time CFL All-Star with five straight seasons of 1,000+ receiving yards, was largely invisible against the Lions. Thats not necessarily a bad thing for a team that is trying to hit the reset button after a 4-14 season, their worst since the wretched days of the 1960s.  Eskimo GM Ed Hervey had a lengthy to do list after 2013. Upgrade (significantly) a porous offensive line, which would in turn limit the amount of time Mike Reilly spent either running for his life, or being helped to his feet by teammates or trainers. A running back who could not only run, but also block would also be nice but having Bowman on the roster more often than not would provide real dividends ... and wins. Bowmans ability has never been in doubt, but his inability to stay healthy has limited his production for a player who can put up big numbers AND help the Esks every time hes in the line-up. The numbers are definitive. In just 26 games since 2011, Edmonton is 15-11 with Bowman in the line-up … and 8–21 without. New head coach Chris Jones has already shown that hes not ‘risk averse on either side of the ball and seemingly has full confidence in Bowmans place in the offence. Were all replaceable, especially so in football, but as the Esks have discovered life with Bowman is a whole letter better than life without him. Dan Majerle Jersey . Forsman closed with a 3-under 69 in windy conditions Sunday for his third Champions Tour title. He beat Jay Don Blake by two shots. Tim Hardaway Jersey . I kind of got a taste of being able to pick a suit with the draft lottery, I went with the bow tie. https://www.cheapheatonline.com/377h-bruce-bowen-jersey-heat.html . On Thursday, they signed former Browns linebacker DQwell Jackson. Terms of the deal were not immediately available. Mario Chalmers Jersey . "Uuufff," was all shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria could come up with after Stantons latest mammoth shot. Miami Heat Gear .J. -- Tom Coughlin doesnt have many options at halfback for the winless New York Giants.MONTREAL - Without suspended scoring star Marco Di Vaio, the Montreal Impacts disappointing start to the MLS season may have been predictable. Montreal (0-3-0) directed 25 shots toward the Seattle goal on Sunday, but couldnt find the net. And then the Impact fell victim to defensive lapses as the Sounders spoiled its home opener at Olympic Stadium with a 2-0 victory on Sunday. An own goal off a Lamar Neagles header only eight minutes in and a goal from Obafemi Martins early in the second half was all Seattle (2-1-0) needed against a punchless Montreal attack. "When you look at the game in terms of possession and our ability to get in good spots and get quality crosses in, to come away with nothing — it just seems were not getting any little breaks," said the Impacts still-winless new coach Frank Klopas. "The guys worked hard and nothings going for us right now. Thats the frustrating part." Di Vaio, a 20-goal scorer last season, and midfielder Andres Romero finished serving the three-game suspensions they incurred in a skirmish at the end of a playoff game in October. Both will be back for Montreals game Saturday in Philadelphia. Without their 38-year-old Italian striker, they have managed only two goals in three games. But the hard part for Klopas, whose mandate was to tighten the defence, was that they have conceded six. Defender Matteo Ferrari said it would be unfair to expect Di Vaio to step in and solve all the teams problems right away as he hasnt played a real game in five months. He hopes to see better all-around play from the team. "We have to work hard on the defensive part — not just the four on the defence but the attitude of the team," said Ferrari. "We took six goals. Its too much. "But I want to stay positive. Its the beginning of the season and the coach knows what to do, so forget about the standings right now and just keep working." Still, it should help to have an experienced finisher. The Impact had a 25-9 edge in attempts on goal and 6-4 lead in shots on target. What was missing was someone to bury the chances as forward Andrew Wenger and midfielder Felipe Martins fired blanks for a second game in a row. Down 2-0 in the second half, the Impact went on full attack. Substitute Blake Smith nearly had one in the 84th minute, but his shot was swept off the line by Djimi Traore. "Two factors (Di Vaio) brings — fear to the other team because maybe theyre more on their heels, and maybe more confidence to our team knowing that we have a guy that can change a game on the spur of the moment," said Impact mmidfielder Patrice Bernier, who played his first home game since he was named team captain.dddddddddddd. "Thats a benefit, but still, as a team, we have to be a unit. We create chances, but maybe give a little to much to the other team. Maybe his fresh legs that can give us a spark in Philly so we come out with some points." The Sounders, coming off a 2-1 defeat last week to Toronto FC, could easily have been up by three goals in the first half. Neagle, who spent the 2012 season with Montreal before being traded back to the Sounders, headed a Gonzalo Pineda free kick out of a crowd and saw it hit the crossbar and deflect off goalkeeper Troy Perkins and into the net in the eighth minute. "It comes off the bottom of the crossbar, hits me in the arm and goes in," said Perkins. "You can sit there and say hed have been better off just watching it, but I tried to make a play and was a little unlucky." Seattle nearly had another in the 17th minute, but Perkins reached back to get a hand on Martins header. And in the 32nd minute, Neagles long low shot went off a goalpost. The Sounders struck again in the 58th minute, when Neagle passed across the front of the goal and Kenny Copper chipped it back for Martins to head into an open side with the Impact defence standing still in front of Perkins. "I knew wed absorb some pressure," said Seattle coach Sigi Schmid. "We wanted to get forward on the counter and I figured we could create some chances off that. "Its been a long road trip with the extra day, but I thought we did a good job. Perkins makes an unbelievable save on Obafemis header and Lamars unlucky when he hits the inside of the post and it goes across in the first half. But I thought we did what we needed to do." The game was originally scheduled for Saturday but was postponed a day due to fears of an accumulation of snow on the domed stadiums roof, which is slated for replacement. Montreal is 4-2-3 in games played at the Big O. "When we trained on Saturday we had a little more of a fun training session,"said Schmid. "The guys had a bit of fun with it. We just told them it was Groundhog Day and well repeat everything again." Notes: It was Montreals first loss to Seattle in three MLS meetings. . . The Sounders were without their big off-season signing Clint Dempsey due to a two-game suspension for hitting Toronto FC defender Mike Bloom in the groin last week. ... Montreal has two more games at Olympic Stadium, April 5 against New York and April 12 against Chicago before moving outdoors to Saputo Stadium. ' ' '